Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's up?



My computer troubles was more than just AOL....seems the automatic updates have been sneaking toolbars etc in the system and some of them were double firewalling me.....hence the reason I had such troubles.

Nevertheless, my xRoomie computer guru came over Sunday under the bribery of homemade Chicken Pot Pie and fixed my troubles.

YAY!!

The girls weekend was , well, ok...it rained ALL DAY Saturday so that put a damper on our outdoor activities. The Festival was just too wet to get out and walk through, so we tooled around in some of the local shops on the Island.

We hit the Libations store early enough to insure we'd have plenty of liquid entertainment if necessary. Then it was a stop for an early dinner at the favorite sub stop. A quick run through the grocery store and we were in for the night.

The blender whirled, corn popped and cards shuffled. Do you know how difficult it is to teach a drunk girl how to play Rummy? Poor Cindilouwho...said it was too much thinking for her.

Where was TnT you ask? Miss T was at my Mom's....Tom was, home. He had visited his friend "J", but come back home to hang out. Hmmmm, surprised here....

Miss T and I did a little shopping around on Sunday. I made the Chicken Pot Pie and put on a pot of Chili too. xRoomie came to fix my computer and had dinner with me.

Monday I stayed home....sort of. My Nanny found out I was home and wanted to go to Kohl's to shop for some "everyday clothes". We had lunch together and had a good time shopping.

Today I filed the "attached workers" benefit claim...since I'm still employed but working way less hours, I think it is a nice bonus.
Let's cross our fingers and say our prayers that it will pay off....literally. Since I do payroll, I am able to do some creative movements.............I can pay me "hourly" up to the point they will allow; anything over that I can add as "mileage reimbursement" or such. Every little bit helps.

Ya know, the Fed's bailed the big guys out, what about us little guys? Why not! And they want to "talk about" a second stimulous payment...wow, can ya spare it? http://voanews.com/english/2008-10-20-voa49.cfm I'd certainly take their money!

Gas us under $3 now....down to about $2.90 and dropping a little bit almost every day. That's GREAT news. Wonder how low it will go?

16 comments:

Beth said...

Sorry to hear you got rained on, but it sounds like you managed to have a good time despite that! ;)

garnett109 said...

Gas here is 2.79 now and dropping, send recipe to me on that chicken pop pie love the stuff!

Lisa said...

Shopping, chilli, chicken pot pie, cards and great friends!! Sounds like my kinda weekend girl!!!! Hugs,
Lisa

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

libations are always a good thing. Did ya have a virus on your pc?

They keep fussing back and forth about another stimulus check. I guess they could just keep the old printing machine going since it's already printed billions...lol. HUGS

Unknown said...

You girls had a great time. Awesome! Gas prices are dropping here too. Every little bit makes a difference too. No rain here; well not serious stuff, just sprinkles.

lisa said...

I bet they do not hand out another stimulus check. The big boys do not care about the regular Joe. I hate it that your hrs are cut. Right at the holidays too. Glad you had some fun with the girls. LOVE ya

Martha said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We need to turn our J-Land (er, blogger land) Decemeber get together into a whole weekend thing - all stay at the same beach motel, not worry about driving and just have fun! What do you think? :-)

E-Lo said...

Glad you had a good time with the girls. I use to love to play Rummy. The Chicken pot pie sounded great. Whats the recipe?
Hugs.

Jill Marie said...

Sound like you had a fun weekend. I wish I could get work done around here for the price of a chicken pot pie. LOL Have a great rest of the week.

Amanda said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))Sounds like you had a nice girls out and you had a good time shoping with your Nany.Thats a good bribe for your friend to look at your puter,a nice hot cooked meal.Yuuumy.

Traci said...

Sorry that the girls weekend was a bit of a bust. Still, some time away from the fam would have been good! My computer had to be scrubbed. I only have IE on it and yesterday my keyboard did something crazy and the plug doesn't work. I've got hubby's laptop today.

Barb Davis said...

Enjoyed your blog! Stop by The Serenity Gate when you get a chance. I'm having a free drawing which ends today. Blessings, Barbara

Anonymous said...

LIbations are my favorite. I'll be on my way soon to have fun. LOL Have a good hump day.

Bookncoffee said...

Hi there. My blog follower thingie wants to follow your other blog. But, it says I'm following this one and not the other one. I can't figure out why your OTHER one is showing on my blog follower list on my journal when I'm following this one. It's making me mad. lol.

Well, as long as I go to the other journal it has the link to this one. lol Weird.

Teaching a drunk person to play rummy. lol.

Sonya

Rose said...

glad gas is going down...it'll be great if it staying down, more for me to spend in Florida over christmas break!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.