Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring is finally here, but where have I been?




HAPPY EASTER ALL!!

Geesh, it's like an eternity since I've posted.

What have I been up to?

Not much.....same old stuff. Having to fix a dance costume for Miss T's acro class. They gave us a black unitard and said "enhance" to match with the crazy circus theme they're doing. Having fun with that....I'll have to post a pic when it's done. Then another kid wants me to fix hers...never ending...LOVE IT!!

We ran away, again. Once we found out we didn't have to dance at the Azalea Festival after all last weekend I booked a room in Charlotte and took off for Carowinds (theme park).

Miss T hates rides....such a sissy mary. Tom loves roller coasters and we put him on about 5. Did the water rafting ride and I didn't get wet ha ha ha!! So glad too. The weather was PERFECT! Sunny and 74 - gorgeous. The tulips were blooming.

Started to go over to Asheville to the mountains, but that would have been a long ride home on Monday...sooooo....I headed up I-77.

WRONG IDEA.

Traffic! 10 miles = 1.5 hours. Road construction! How rude.

So we begged off around Hwy 421 and headed over towards the mountains, just for a peek. Stopped to stretch and turned around to head to Winston Salem for the evening.

Just touring.

No schedule, no fuss......just out and about.

Miss T has been on Spring Break this week...and bored!

It is amazing to see how green everything has all of a sudden become. Dogwoods in bloom....Red Buds too. Gorgeous.

Mom's church had an egg hunt today; my niece and nephew went and so did Miss T, to help. Then lil mr man came home with me so his mom and baby sis could nap. He continued hiding eggs in my yard and then inside.

He learned a new phrase thanks to "Alvin and the Chipmunks"....."Daddy likes to wear dirty underwear"...oh his Mom is real excited over that one.

Tom has been Pool Boy today....cover is off, chemicals are in and the water temp is 68! Won't be long. Think I'll fill some floats with water and let them heat it on up for an early dip soon. One problem...the pump seems to be leaking. Hope it's just a gasket, an easy fix. Cross your fingers.

After this week I think I'm going to have to go back to working on Tuesdays, at least for a while. Things are slipping through the cracks and I'm really getting behind! Told bossman it wasn't a great idea to cut my hours. Sigh...I will miss having that extra day, but the cha-ching will be good!

Happy Easter everyone!

12 comments:

Beth said...

Glad to hear you're all doing well. Have a very happy Easter!

Kathy said...

I was where you were. Glad you had a good time. Happy Easter.

Amy said...

I'm glad we all finally heard from you. I would love to see pictures of Miss T's costume when you're done with it. :-P

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I-77 the road from hell!!...A little further west on 421 and you guys could have had lunch and/or dinner with me....maybe next time.....the mountains were beautiful until the snow hit on Tuesday...then they were just white for a short time...glad you had a fun trip!!

Enjoy Easter....LindaMay

Missie said...

It has been a long time since you posted1

I'm glad everyone is doing well.

Hope you and your family have a nice Easter!!

Anonymous said...

Whaaaa-hooo...Good times!!

hugsss...

LYN said...

HAPPY EASTER!!
WE NEED A NEW THERMOMETER SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TEMP IS IN OUR POOL BUT IT IS STILL CHILLY! HAVE BEEN IN A COUPLE OF TIMES NOW THOUGH...

LIZ said...

Happy Easter!!

It was good to hear from you. Glad your having a good time!!

garnett109 said...

HAPPY EASTER!
Where Havr You Been?

beachmom15 said...

Happy Easter... My Pool man (hubby) is thinking we have to re-plaster our pool... ouch!!! $$$$$ Have a great day!!
Lisa (lisita15)
http://beachmom15.blogspot.com/

Traci said...

Glad to hear all is going well! Sounds like a fun touring trip. Our family needs one of those.

steveroni said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I get a real good feeling reading "family"-type blogs, where you go, what you do, all about the kids, etc. Since our are all "out of here" is why blogs like this are a wecome read for me.

Just LOVE Ashville area. I was a student at Transyvania in Brevard in 1952 summer--8 weeks, it was good for me. A month later I was accepted as a violinist in Cincinnati Symphony. So that whole area has real significance in my life...