Friday, June 19, 2009

June already and it's almost over?




Great time of day...I can't believe I haven't posted before now.

A lot going on just not all at one time.

The dance year is officially over, recital was great!! Miss T learned the value of eating before dancing. She had to come out of her acro routine because she was dizzy and began to shake. I said "seeeeeee? I told you to eat properly". Why don't they listen? Bet she does now.

We start the summer dance program June 30 with technique classes. Miss T is almost convinced to go back to clogging this year. The teacher asked her about it and she is thinking about it. She hasn't done that in 4 years.....she did for 5 - 3 years competitively.

www.clog.org

And I was hoping to cut back next year.....sigh!

Mr Man is doing great. Received his 5 month chip last night in AA. He's so proud of himself. In the past his idea of "handling things" was to drink or drug it away but now he is really trying to deal with things head on. The minor brain farts still appear, like "um you wanted me to have dinner ready?"....hmmm oh I don't know, you've been home all day while I was at work.

Go figure. It's very exasperating. Like raising another kid.

I am getting tired of only having one vehicle. It's such a chore to be able to get around to all the things that I do and Miss T that, we're borrowing my Nanny's car once or twice a week so that Tom can bring her to dance and get himself to AA meetings. But until the court stuff is done, I can't see buying anything just yet. Maybe in September when prices could be better and I can arrange decent lending.

Tom still wants a boat so bad he can taste it...but I've reminded him, those are luxury items. He doesn't "deserve" that yet.

I'm hoping for a great weekend....some of the girls are in from out of town, I've been invited for a night on the beach. And one of my besties invited me to the pool at her house just to catch up.

I think it's time for some ME time!!

2 comments:

garnett109 said...

Great job Tom!
Yep Almost Christmas!

Ken Riches said...

Hang in there. If a few short months, if you count your pennies, you can be in a position to satisfy one of the goals. It should absolutley by the second car. But then, maybe a change jar or something to start saving for the boat. It may take a year or two, but working together, you can do it :o)