Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Muse




We had a great weekend and Father's Day.

Saturday my nephew came over for a swim. He is going to be a fish soon....I was actually able to convince him he could float with his water wings on without the tube too. "LOOK AT ME SWIMMING" he said....LOL. He did great. We're working on the "keep your mouth" closed rule.

Later TnT&me went out to eat at O'Charley's....I do love their Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad. Would you believe that at 6pm the temps were 97 degrees still???? Gosh it musta been over 100 Saturday and close to it on Sunday.

Tom kept saying "Kohl's is having a sale" several times during the day, and I ran with it...we went after dinner. Miss T picked up some goodies, of course. Jeans were buy one get one....picked those up for the fall. So glad she's getting BACK into jeans.

Even though I tried to keep a headache all weekend, we still managed to have some fun time.

Father's Day we took Tom out to "Bonefish Grill" - it's his favorite. He enjoyed a stuffed Mahi with rice pilaf. Then an ice cream from Dairy Queen later in the afternoon hit the spot!!

Did I call my Dad? No. Did I think about it? Yes.

Did I go see my Step Dad? YES.

Afterall, he's been the best Dad for 31 of my 43 years.

But he cheats......Tuesday just happens to be his birthday. So he gets the best of both all wrapped up in one week.

That's alright.....my birthday is soon too....hehehehe.

4 comments:

Missie said...

Have a good week!

garnett109 said...

it must be a southern thang, now tell me how does one keep a headache?

Ken Riches said...

Glad you saw your SD :o)

Martha said...

Sounds like it was a great time! The heat index here is 107 today Sharon! Even our beach would be too hot today! Even icy cold drinks sitting under an umbrella at Pop's would be too hot! Hot, hot, hot!!!